Horizon Excels in Inter- School Speech Competition
To be seen, to be heard, to be the best……
Adding yet another achievement to its long list of rapidly growing laurels, Horizon College International was able to emerge victorious at the Inter- school speech competition 2015 organized by Learnium International School. Two very talented orators from Grade 10, DhanushkaWijethileke and Ruqyyaha Deane participated in the speech competition organized for the third consecutive year by the English Department of Learnium International. At the event which was held on the 27th of January 2015 at the LIS auditorium, Ruqyyaha Deane emerged second runner up having captivated the audience with her eloquent speech on the topic “Cultural values are of paramount importance in making people who they are”. This was the first time Horizon participated in this competition which makes this maiden victory a double delight for all of us at Horizon.
The crème de la crème of Horizon College International
Rewarded at Awards Day 2013/2014
The annual Awards Day of Horizon College International (HCI) was held on the 14th November, in the presence of the Chief Guest- Mrs Pramila Paulraj, Regional Director for Asia, Pearson Edexcel and under the patronage of CEO and Founder of Horizon College International Mr Upul Daranagama and Mrs Priya Daranagama. Principal of Horizon College International Mrs Maryanne Hills, Management & Academic staff members, Vice Chancellor of Horizon Campus Prof Colin Peiris and Faculty members of the Horizon Campus, award winners and their proud parents were part of this prestigious event held at the SAITM Auditorium.
The junior chess players of Horizon College International had plenty of reason to say ‘check mate!’ at the Western Province Zonal competition for Chess held in October 2014.
‘Reaching Out In Love’
In keeping with the goals of encouraging and practicing thoughtfulness and helpfulness to others, The Interact Club of Horizon College International embarked on their first Community Service project for the Interact year 2014/2105
Why Choose HCI?
- Purpose – built school cum campus with state of the art facilities
- Affordable fees structure
- Direct path to higher education within the same premises
- 25 students per classroom
- Well qualified teachers, widely experienced in teaching students of diverse nationalities
- Edexcel curriculum
- Students from Nursery upwards have access to well equipped computer lab and library
- Languages – Sinhala, Tamil and French
- Music, Art, Speech and Drama classes
- Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity and Islam taught
- School run transport service
- Least polluted healthy green environment
- Ample parking area
- Emphasis on value based education
- Vision for academic excellence and discipline go hand in hand
- Fully equipped Sick Room and a qualified nurse
- 24 hour security service
- We maintain a medical record of each student and conduct dental and eye check-ups for students on an annual basis
- Have an agreement with a private hospital for any emergency/ambulance service if required
The Sports Department of HCI, organized the first ever Inter House Cricket Championship Tournament in the history of Horizon College International which was worked out at the SLITT campus grounds Malabe, on 31st January 2015. All four Houses vied for the coveted championship trophy, and the games were held for Under 13 & Over 13 Age Category. With 15 members per team a grand total of 120 enthusiastic Horizonites, ardent cricket lovers cheered on by their parents, teachers and friends had a field day playing and watching the game they love. The highlight of the matches was the very exciting match between the Management cricket team and the best student players. The CEO Mr Upul Daranagama’s impressive knock of 50 runs secured the win of the Management cricket team.