“All of our dreams can come true if we just have the courage to pursue them.”– Walt Disney
Horizon College International – celebrates six glorious years of service
Horizon College International celebrates six glorious years of service in the field of education in Sri Lanka having commenced her iconic voyage in September 2009. With humble beginnings of 120 students on roll and a staff of 20 six years ago, today the number on roll has increased to 1400 students and 209 staff members, in addition to a branch school- a remarkable feat indeed. This growth personifies the quality and stature of the school.
Horizon Excels in Inter- School Speech Competition
To be seen, to be heard, to be the best……
Adding yet another achievement to its long list of rapidly growing laurels, Horizon College International was able to emerge victorious at the Inter- school speech competition 2015 organized by Learnium International School. Two very talented orators from Grade 10, DhanushkaWijethileke and Ruqyyaha Deane participated in the speech competition organized for the third consecutive year by the English Department of Learnium International. At the event which was held on the 27th of January 2015 at the LIS auditorium, Ruqyyaha Deane emerged second runner up having captivated the audience with her eloquent speech on the topic “Cultural values are of paramount importance in making people who they are”. This was the first time Horizon participated in this competition which makes this maiden victory a double delight for all of us at Horizon.
Why Choose HCI?
- Purpose – built school cum campus with state of the art facilities
- Affordable fees structure
- Direct path to higher education within the same premises
- 25 students per classroom
- Well qualified teachers, widely experienced in teaching students of diverse nationalities
- Edexcel curriculum
- Students from Nursery upwards have access to well equipped computer lab and library
- Languages – Sinhala, Tamil and French
- Music, Art, Speech and Drama classes
- Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity and Islam taught
- School run transport service
- Least polluted healthy green environment
- Ample parking area
- Emphasis on value based education
- Vision for academic excellence and discipline go hand in hand
- Fully equipped Sick Room and a qualified nurse
- 24 hour security service
- We maintain a medical record of each student and conduct dental and eye check-ups for students on an annual basis
- Have an agreement with a private hospital for any emergency/ambulance service if required
A succession of successful sporting events at Horizon College International
It was an eventful week of sports at Horizon College International, with a succession of sporting events, where many sporting stars emerged from Horizon. The Inter House Table Tennis tournament was worked out on the 29th of July, with the enthusiastic Horizonites of the four Houses Athena, Zeus, Hermes and Apollo competing under the age categories of under 9/ under 11/ under 13/ under 15/ over 15 and over 15 mixed doubles. A total of 44 students fought to come to the top in many exciting matches culminating in Zeus House winning the Champions Trophy and Hermes becoming the runners up. The Inter House Netball championship was held on 3rd August held under the categories of girls/ mixed and teachers saw a grand total of 96 student participants and 18 teachers battling out for the coveted trophies. Apollo House emerged as Champions and Athena House were content with the runner up trophy and Athena teachers team winning the teachers’ category...