The crème de la crème of Horizon College International
Rewarded at Awards Day 2013/2014
The annual Awards Day of Horizon College International (HCI) was held on the 14th November, in the presence of the Chief Guest- Mrs Pramila Paulraj, Regional Director for Asia, Pearson Edexcel and under the patronage of CEO and Founder of Horizon College International Mr Upul Daranagama and Mrs Priya Daranagama. Principal of Horizon College International Mrs Maryanne Hills, Management & Academic staff members, Vice Chancellor of Horizon Campus Prof Colin Peiris and Faculty members of the Horizon Campus, award winners and their proud parents were part of this prestigious event held at the SAITM Auditorium.
Presenting the Principal’s report for the academic year 2013/2014, the Principal Mrs Maryanne Hills elaborated on the achievements of the students of HCI, especially at the International GCSE examination held in May/June 2014 where the Horizonites’ obtained A* to C grades 100% for Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Commerce and Business studies and a pass rate of 100% across all subjects. The Principal’s report also contained details of the co curricular activities carried out by the numerous societies and clubs in school and achievements of the Horizonites. The Primary Section prize winners’ list was read out by the Primary Sectional Head Ms Chrishnika Galbadage and the awards were distributed by CEO Mr Upul Daranagama. The Nugegoda Branch of HCI prizes were also awarded by the CEO along with the Principal of the Nugegoda Branch Mrs Nilani Galbada. The secondary and senior section Prize list was read out by Senior Section Head Mr Terance Arachchi and the prizes were awarded by the Chief Guest Mrs Pramila Paulraj. The Vice Principal of HCI Ms Ranmini Gunawardena announced the special awards winners for dancing, speech, music and ICT and the prizes were given away by the chief Guest. Twenty nine staff members who took less than two days of leave for the entire academic year 2013/2014 were also awarded cash prizes by Mrs Priya Daranagama, Director HCI.
The junior chess players of Horizon College International had plenty of reason to say ‘check mate!’ at the Western Province Zonal competition for Chess held in October 2014...
Why Choose HCI?
- Purpose – built school cum campus with state of the art facilities
- Affordable fees structure
- Direct path to higher education within the same premises
- 25 students per classroom
- Well qualified teachers, widely experienced in teaching students of diverse nationalities
- Edexcel curriculum
- Students from Nursery upwards have access to well equipped computer lab and library
- Languages – Sinhala, Tamil and French
- Music, Art, Speech and Drama classes
- Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity and Islam taught
- School run transport service
- Least polluted healthy green environment
- Ample parking area
- Emphasis on value based education
- Vision for academic excellence and discipline go hand in hand
- Fully equipped Sick Room and a qualified nurse
- 24 hour security service
- We maintain a medical record of each student and conduct dental and eye check-ups for students on an annual basis
- Have an agreement with a private hospital for any emergency/ambulance service if required