Horizon College International celebrates five grand years, caring & nurturing children with discipline & love
“Your greatness is measured by your horizons.”
On 16thSeptember 2009, Horizon College International (HCI) took its maiden steps with 96 students on roll and a staff of 20. Today five years later the number on roll has increased to 1400 students and 200 staff members,a feat which others take decades to achieve.
The founder and CEO of Horizon College International Mr.Upul Daranagama,(MBA. B.SC.,(Acc.FM),FABE,Dip.Hrm) with his vast experience and success in the field of education, had a vision of a school on par with international standards, nurturing children with discipline and love and focusing on value education, or to put it simply- bringing up children in a wholesome manner. He selected the salubrious environment in Malabe to locate his dream school, handpicked his staff, built the necessary infrastructure and began the story of success that today proudly stands as Horizon College International, a school that has carved a niche for itself as a worthy educational institute serving the nation.
HCI is blessed with the erudite and far sighted Principal Mrs Maryanne Hills (BA (Hons)M Ed),who steers the ship of HCI with much aplomb and she is assisted by a dynamic set of Senior management staff and Sectional Heads.
The competent academic staff efficiently delivers the English National curriculum and the students are groomed with utmost care from Play school age group to take up the Edexcel International GCSE (London) O/L and AL examination. To this end HCI consists of Elementary, Primary and Secondary school
HCI is proud to ...
Why Choose HCI?
- Purpose – built school cum campus with state of the art facilities
- Affordable fees structure
- Direct path to higher education within the same premises
- 25 students per classroom
- Well qualified teachers, widely experienced in teaching students of diverse nationalities
- Edexcel curriculum
- Students from Nursery upwards have access to well equipped computer lab and library
- Languages – Sinhala, Tamil and French
- Music, Art, Speech and Drama classes
- Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity and Islam taught
- School run transport service
- Least polluted healthy green environment
- Ample parking area
- Emphasis on value based education
- Vision for academic excellence and discipline go hand in hand
- Fully equipped Sick Room and a qualified nurse
- 24 hour security service
- We maintain a medical record of each student and conduct dental and eye check-ups for students on an annual basis
- Have an agreement with a private hospital for any emergency/ambulance service if required