Ceremonially opens its very own swimming pool complex
On 16th September HCI celebrates four years of fruitful existence since its inception in September 2009. Nestling in the salubrious climes and lush greenery of Malabe, Horizon College International stands out not only with its grand edifice but also has become a strong contender amongst the International schools in SriLanka
Horizon College international (HCI) is a multi-cultural, multi-religious, co-ed, international private school located in the green serene, clean and enriching environment in Malabe, away from the pollution and congestion experienced in the city, devoutly providing the child the congenial environment 'which will enable him to develop freely'(Maria Montessori).
The 6th of November 2013 was another very significant date in the history of Horizon College International, when it fulfilled one of the most desired facilities by any school, by ceremonially opening its very own swimming pool complex. The Hon.Minister of Higher Education Mr. S.B. Dissanayake presided as the Chief Guest, at this very special occasion. The secretary to the Ministry of Higher Education, Dr. Sunil JayathaNavarathne was also among the many other dignitaries who graced this occasion. Commenting on the growth of Horizon, as a education institution, Mr. Dissanayake was to congratulate the management of HCI for providing a fully fledged educational institution to society, within such a short time period. He was also to encourage students to take a keen interest in extra-curricular activities such as swimming, which is part of the educational & development process of a young child.Speaking at this event, Dr.Navarathne was to mention that Horizon is one of the very few institutions in this country to provide education from a pre school to a degree or post graduate degree. While congratulating the management of Horizon, he extended the support of the MOHE, to build on the educational standards of the school & campus facilities alike.Several International Schools were to take part in a relay competition to mark the opening of this pool complex located in the serene environs of the school.
Why Choose HCI?
- Purpose – built school cum campus with state of the art facilities
- Affordable fees structure
- Direct path to higher education within the same premises
- 25 students per classroom
- Well qualified teachers, widely experienced in teaching students of diverse nationalities
- Edexcel curriculum
- Students from Nursery upwards have access to well equipped computer lab and library
- Languages – Sinhala, Tamil and French
- Music, Art, Speech and Drama classes
- Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity and Islam taught
- School run transport service
- Least polluted healthy green environment
- Ample parking area
- Emphasis on value based education
- Vision for academic excellence and discipline go hand in hand
- Fully equipped Sick Room and a qualified nurse
- 24 hour security service
- We maintain a medical record of each student and conduct dental and eye check-ups for students on an annual basis
- Have an agreement with a private hospital for any emergency/ambulance service if required